Monday, March 24, 2008

right off of get down street

I'm here to fill the Jeff-shaped hole in your heart.

First, with song:
•Silver Jews - "San Francisco BC"
•Big Boi - "Royal Flush (f. Andre 3000 & Raekwon)"
•Destroyer - "Dark Leaves Form a Thread" (includes brief interview, and there's a longer one here)
•Lil Wayne - "I"
•Tapes n Tapes - "Demon Apple"

Then, with knowledge:

MIA is playing Nashville (City Hall) on May 5th, supported by Holy F*ck.

Bygone Bureau has some factoids on just how Easter came by its stranger customs.

Remember that upcoming Ben Stiller movie featuring Robert Downey, Jr. in blackface? Check out the trailer for Tropic Thunder.

Even if it's a riff on something I hate, Jewno is pretty funny.

Well get your ballgowns on -- SciFi Channel has confirmed the Battlestar Galactica prequel rumors.

I've gorged myself on David Gordon Green lately -- I LOVED George Washington, liked All the Real Girls, and pretty much hated Undertow. With Snow Angels just now hitting theaters, the man seems to have gone insane.

While never a particularly reputable institution of musical criticism, Entertainment Weekly's "The Indie Rock 25" isn't all that bad.

...

And all I want in return is a Herzog t-shirt.

No comments: