Monday, November 26, 2007

le scaphandre et le papillon

Today's project was learning more about The Diving Bell and the Butterfly, Julian Schnabel's new film based on Jean-Dominique Bauby's memoir by the same name. I've seen the gorgeous trailer several times, read some great stuff on the Internets, and have enjoyed lead Mathieu Amalric in several movies over the past ten years or so. I tracked down the songs played in the trailer mere minutes before my favorite blog spilled the beans. I hope there's a soundtrack CD.

PS The lead actress is married to Roman Polanski, sings one of the songs in the trailer with Ultra Orange (a band I can find NOTHING about), and is a stunningly gorgeous former model. Yes please.

Elsewhere, my favorite critic waxes hysterical on my favorite redheaded ingenue.

Lily Allen may retire after her next album. Meanwhile, I have 27.5 years.

The official website for Be Kind Rewind, Michel Gondry's next head trip, is up. And weird.

Boo Goo Doo Boom went and saw Ghostface over the weekend. OMG Hott pixxx!

The Magnetic Fields' Distortion has some boring cover art.

The snarks over at Paper Thin Walls win Best Headline of the Day.

My totes BFF Jack White has a new video for their cover of "Conquest".

And in geekatronical news, I continue to hold onto hope that Watchmen will be watchable.

No comments: